Privacy Notice (Deloitte CFO Lens)
Last revised: December 30, 2019
Privacy Notice summary
This privacy notice explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries. Click on the links below to take you to the more detailed sections of this notice:
- Who does this privacy notice apply to and what does it cover?
- What information do we collect and where do we collect it from?
- How we use information about you
- The legal grounds we use for processing personal information
- To whom we disclose your information
- Protection of your personal information
- How long do we keep your information?
- Your rights to access and control your information
- Right to complain
- Changes to this privacy notice
- Contact us
you use “Deloitte CFO Lens” or
- performing any other activities that form part of the operation of our business.
This privacy notice also contains information about when we share your personal data with third parties, such as our service providers.
In this privacy notice, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
You do not have to submit any personal information in order to use Deloitte CFO Lens.
We may collect personal information, such as your social media identifier, if you register for Deloitte CFO Lens using a third party social network account (including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter). For example, Deloitte CFO Lens allows you to register and create an account and login using your social network account credentials. When you create an account using those credentials, that personal data is provided to us by the third party social network. We may collect the ID and/or user name associated with that social media account and any public profile information or content you have permitted the social media network to share with us, such as your profile picture and email address. The information we collect may depend on the privacy settings you have with the social network site, so please review the appropriate privacy notice or policy. When you access Deloitte CFO Lens through your social network account you are authorizing us to collect and use your information in accordance with this privacy notice.
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy. Deloitte CFO Lens and services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children.
Use of personal information collected via our website
We may also use your personal information collected via Deloitte CFO Lens:
- to manage and improve Deloitte CFO Lens
- to tailor the content of Deloitte CFO Lens to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information regarding services provided by entities within the Deloitte Network that may be of interest to you
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through Deloitte CFO Lens.
- applicable legal or regulatory requirements
- requests and communications from competent authorities
- sending you thought leadership or details of products and services provided by entities within the Deloitte Network that may be of interest to you; contacting you to receive feedback on these services; and contacting you for other market or research purposes;
- protecting our rights.
As used in this Privacy Notice, “Deloitte Network” refers to DTTL, the member firms of DTTL, and their related entities.
We use your personal information for the purposes outlined above because of: (a) our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of Deloitte CFO Lens; (b) our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests; (c) the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
To whom we disclose your information
Deloitte CFO Lens may host various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to these Social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications will be handled in accordance with this privacy notice.
Please note that some of the recipients of your personal information referenced above may be based in countries or regions without data protection rules similar to those in effect in your area of residence. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal information that comply with our legal obligations.
Further details of the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used by us in respect of such transfers are also available from us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any personal information that we have referenced above under “What information do we collect about and where do we collect it from” may be disclosed to the third parties identified in this section for the purposes set forth herein.
Selling of personal information
We do not sell your personal information that is collected under this privacy notice.
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal information
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal information on a ‘need to know’ basis
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software
- physical security measures, such as staff security passes to access our premises.
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information and request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we modify or delete personal information that we hold about you, stop processing your personal information, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
- object to our processing of your personal information.
Visitors who choose to register on or with Deloitte CFO Lens may access their user profile, correct, and update their details, or unsubscribe from communications at any time. If you decide that you no longer wish to have your third party social network account (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter) linked to your profile on Deloitte CFO Lens, then you may change your account settings at any time. If you have any problem accessing your profile, or would like to request a copy of your profile, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also have the right to request that we provide the following information regarding the personal information we hold about you:
- The categories and/or specific pieces of personal information we collected
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information
To exercise any of your rights under applicable law described above regarding your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 844.919.0713. When contacting us, please provide your name and email address. Once we receive your request, we may ask you to provide additional information to enable us to respond.
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights with respect to your personal information.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy notice, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy notice will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this notice to be informed about how we are protecting your information.